Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ash Wednesday thoughts


I completely missed that yesterday was Mardi Gras…until I set things down to cook dinner and turned on the radio for some noise……..

And I’ve way too much to do to attend the service when it is offered at St. Andrew’s. Well, this isn’t the first time, and won’t be the last time, that this organist has found herself taking spiritual time outside the schedule of the community I call my church home. Thank heaven, literally, that my faith allows and encourages personal faith activities along with the communal faith activities.

So, what’s taking up my time? Oh, just preparation for teaching tatting, preparations for playing a service, household cleaning, shopping for food, getting designs down on paper and into the computer, testing design ideas with shuttles, and attending a tutorial on a design I wish to master, finishing off projects so that I can start in on the TAT samples.

May your Lenten journey nourish and refresh your soul as we await the Easter glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment