Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

a cluny technique to explore


I recently came across an intriguing idea: use wire to shape the outer parts of a cluny. Here’s what I came up with:
cluny leaf


cluny with floral wire

 
 
 
 
The one in gold without any white showing is completed with just thread using a loom, no wire or stabilizer help. The one in gold with white showing is completed using a loom and covered floral wire (in white).

Now, I’m not a crafter (just ask the Girl Scout troop I worked with); I don’t do flowers (silk or live); and this is size 10 thread (a bit larger than I like to use). Personally, I like the way the one with wire holds the shape, I just have to learn to deal with the wire. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. ...hmm...the next ones you did with the wire look good, but what about all those tails??...sounds as if this works quick an easy, but whot with the wire end...wrapping it in as with flowers makes sence...
    greetings
    Gunhild

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ends do get wrapped up as a stem. my assembled flower doesn't look very graceful. Crafter I am NOT! But, hopefully, the tatting will be good enough to pass.
      Thanks for visiting and commenting!
      Melanie

      Delete