Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

progress on block snowflake


I indulged yesterday. I did some fun reading in a novel. I took a good long walk. And I worked on my block snowflake.
snowflake section from 24 Julestjerner i Orkis by Lene Bjorn


Now, this is a pattern that has intrigued me for quite a while.  The book is in Danish. And I don't speak Danish. But, I recently found a decent English version. I picked it up because I love doing Advent calendar things. 24 snowflakes rather than chocolate.....eat that ants!!
Anyway, I recognize that chains are difficult to keep looking exactly the same, and this pattern will show it! I wanted to use 2 different colors, but light, bright, and even Christmas colors just weren’t grabbing me. I tried it a long time ago with a variegated thread. That didn’t work. Well, it didn’t look interesting. It did help me work on my technique. I decided to try these two colors because my hands just kept picking them up together. Can you tell I try to listen to my inner kid?

No comments:

Post a Comment