Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Internet and my life


I’m not superstitious, but I decided not to put anything in this post (#13) that is directly tied to my current projects, so nothing on what my brain is hearing or seeing. I’d rather like to comment on how the Internet has changed my humble little life.

Despite my being accustomed to spending a fair amount of time along at the keyboard practicing (organ) music, I like human company. Could be why I never got all my practicing done in college! Tatting takes hours to finish a pattern, so again, lots of alone time. Could be why I always have a few projects in the works. With all that is available at the click of a mouse on the internet, I seem be even less diligent in my accomplishments. One can get lost in all this information. One can neglect the physical living space. One can ignore the people immediately available.

I’ve always been very comfortable with clutter and multitasking. As I grow older, it is becoming easier to keep focused. I find it easier to be aware of how the front looks, when I’ve seen that special friend, etc. I attribute that to the Internet and forcing me to discipline my time better. Judging by the funny looks I get from friends as I try to explain what I do all day, not many share my opinion on this point. But, I’m comfortable with being unique and how I spend my life.
Now, where did I put that file…….desktop?

No comments:

Post a Comment