Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Focus....what focus?

So much for discipline and direction. It’s all for a good cause. I spent a couple of hours yesterday working with the prayer shawl group. Here’s the cross I tat for them:

Prayer Shawl cross
It’s very simple:

Working in size 10 thread with one shuttle and no ball thread, leave about 6 inches tail when beginning the first ring.

R: 4 – 4 – 4 – 4.

R: 4 – 4 – 4 – 4.

R: 4 – 4 – 4 – 4.

Using the tail to finger tat complete the next 3 rings as split rings.

S/R: 4 – 4 / 4 – 4.

S/R: 4 – 4 / 4 – 4.

S/R: 4 – 4 / 4 – 4.

The final ring I work as a Single Shuttle Split Ring so that I can hide ends. The tail end is tatted over for the first half, and then the shuttle end is secured in the second half.

SSS/R: 4 – 4 / 4 – 4.

I chose to leave the shuttle thread long enough to use when sewing on the cross. Some of the ladies like to clip it close and use sewing thread to sew it on.

Now it’s off to see what Day 4 is of TIAS. Maybe after I enjoy adding to my little creation I will find my focus……tee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment