Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012


Good morning!
I have mentioned in my profile the groups I like to spend time with. Please consider getting to know them. They are fantastic groups of people. For this entry, I leave you with a bit of what has caught my interest lately:
It's Epiphany. Probably my favorite season! And my favorite tune is Wie shon leuchtet der Morgenstern. Before you start commenting in German, I confess my knowledge of the language is pretty minimal. Don't even expect me to pronounce words so that you can recognize them! I love languages, I just don't seem to be able to remember vocabulary or pronunciations well. Anyway, the chorale prelude by Buxtehude is my favorite. Snippets of the music have been running through my mind a lot lately.
For tatting, I have been attempting a bookmark based on an antique pattern. The Monday class looked at this particular pattern in November. I was busy tatting gifts then, and set it aside until now. My bookmarks go to a hospital chaplain. She gifts the prayer shawls a group knits to patients, but uses my bookmarks in her work with the staff. I'm not sure this one is going to her. It's....well.....not pleasing to me.
So, that's what is taking up my "free" time.

No comments:

Post a Comment