Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2020

My pipe organ adventures

 


I’ve had fun recording a short 30 minute concert this week. St. Paul’s Episcopal Church has hosted a Friday Noon concert for many years. It is a way for them to share with the greater community. A local junior college encourages students to attend, so we often have people popping in for a few minutes. Some bring their lunches and (respectfully and neatly) munch as they listen. I have been invited several times to play and enjoy it greatly!

Since we’re all recording and posting online, that’s what I’ve done for this Friday. This is the page where the link is posted: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK9Xvh2eadS0KrPu8bAOsBQ/videos

I try to pick music for each concert to showcase a portion of the organ. This week, I also challenged myself to play pieces written in the key of G. It was fun looking through the repertoire. I hope you enjoy!

Please consider supporting St. Paul’s or a local church with such an outreach. They are not “closed” and still offer many opportunities for community. Many are struggling to see a way to fill the many needs. To donate to St. Paul’s, click here: https://www.stpauls-salinas.org/donationsdonaciones

St. Paul's Salinas


2 comments:

  1. I couldn’t access the link, but I do think it’s a wonderful idea to put your weekly concert on line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you couldn't access the link. I'm not surprised though. Youtube can be fickle. Putting on the weekly concert is a production. The church pays a fee to a company that remits to the composers/publishers. That fee allows them to broadcast with restrictions. I must choose music the licensing company recognizes. The church must buy and maintain the instrument, the camera, the lights, the computer, and the channel. It is worth it, just lots of steps and added cost to feeding the poor and clothing the hungry. I do think it's a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete