Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Can you see the mistake?

 


Truth be told, there are many mistakes in this piece. This is the start of my trial tat of a new pattern. I wanted to try out different ways of tatting a “simple” pattern. The thread is Omega thread. Overall, fine to tat with. 

The blue color just does nothing for me. I’ve tried using a complimentary color with it, a couple of colors for a tertiary combination, I’ve pulled out a turquoise similar in value (both lighter and darker), I’ve tried adding beads in various color combinations. It just doesn’t work for me.

I know I don’t see color as well as some people. My daughter sees colors very accurately. She’s been helping me to train my brain to see colors better. It has helped. It’s taught her patience and empathy. I know we’ve hit the wall in a session when she says, “Mom, I love you but……”

So, what is the mistake? For those who have a print 2020 catalogue from Handy Hands, the pattern is in there. All will be revealed Thursday.

5 comments:

  1. I have trouble with colors, too, especially finding colors that look good together. They can be 'perfect' on the ball, side-by-side, but look awful when tatted together.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many weavers say that. Don't feel alone! I'm signed up to take a weave-along workshop on color starting next weekend. It should teach me a lot!

      Delete
  2. I shall wait until Thursday to see what emerged from all your experiments and hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, as a teacher-educator, I do spot the mistake (incorrectly joined). But the colourway looks good to me, as well as the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both! Tomorrow the adventure continues.....

    ReplyDelete