Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Classes begin next Monday!

 I'm ready for the fun! Thank you Lace Museum of Sunnyvale for sponsoring and hosting the classes.

Starting Monday, we will start from the beginning. I know of at least one needle tatter who should be signed up by now. (If you haven’t taken care of that, ahem!) I'll be guiding students through working with shuttle also. By the end of Friday, you will know enough to tat most of the pattern I’ll discuss in the weekend workshop (Sat & Sun morning). My classes are half way down on the Workshop page on the Lace Museum website: https://www.thelacemuseum.org/workshops.html

Here’s a picture of the finished mat sample as a teaser:   

Sample of vintage mat pattern

I will pick up where I left off in July. We only looked at the insert square in July. Now, we’ll look at the edging and briefly touch on finishing. Don’t panic if you weren’t in the July workshop, the insert square is essentially repeated many times in the edging.

See you in class!

3 comments: