Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Challenge progress

 October is shaping up to be quite busy. I’ve taped two playlists for St. Paul’s for the Friday concert. I’ll be teaching a series of tatting classes/workshops for the Lace Museum. And it’s the time of year to put new plants into the ground so they can benefit from the rains and get a great start. That means lots of time spent trying to figure out the landscaping we wish to maintain and enjoy. So, I don’t have a lot to show for tatting. Just a trial for my Day 14 of Threads That Bind:



My inspiration is doilies from Jan Stawasz’s book TattingTheory and Patterns. I thought the motif looked like a house. Considering all the time we’re spending working from home, I wanted to try it out. The blue version will be the “house” with a roof added and the black version will be expanded in green to represent a tree. It may not work at all, but I gotta try!

3 comments:

  1. Your 'homely' take looks interesting - hopefully it will work :-)

    I watched your video and heard the lovely music. What impressed me the most was the amount of coordination required between all parts of the body and senses! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both! I've been playing an instrument so long my brother teases me that English is my second language, music is my first. I no longer play as well as I used to. Age and injury has caught up to me. And my glasses fogging from wearing the mask didn't help! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete