Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Back to....Success.....


The organ works again! I’m so relieved!! Replacing the organ was looking to be very, very expensive. A peek at Ebay last month gave me pause: Most of the organs of similar size were listed for several thousand dollars. I lost a bit of sleep over that, but resolved to do what I could to get my baby back working.

After a trip to an electronics parts shop, and several days of puzzling out the schematics, my repairman took a deep breath and plugged in the soldering iron. A few minutes late, things were sounding back to normal. There are still components that are not working, but success!!!!

I’ve also been having success getting back to the designing. No pictures as yet, but plenty to try out with the shuttles. Here’s what I can share:


These will replace the pair of earrings I’ve worn so much they are stained and looking rather sad!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful earrings to adorn an organ most important for the musically inclined πŸ‘‚πŸŽΉπŸŽ΅πŸŽΌπŸŽΆπŸŽ΅

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have hopes of working a pair of earrings using your curled rings to represent chords (3 or more notes played at the same time)! Thank you and NInetta for teaching me that tatting technique!!

    ReplyDelete