Pages

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Sighting in Carmel

Normally that phrase is followed by a description of some celebrity, rare automobile, or something haute…(couture, cuisine, etc.) that costs a bunch of cash.
 My sighting yesterday was free. I saw a pod of dolphins just off the shore while walking on Carmel Beach. There was a whale off the point also. This year, the sightings have become quite common. Whale watching in a boat is thrilling. Kayakers report close encounters all the time. 
Yesterday was the first time I personally have been in the right place at the right time. I knew better than to try to capture anything in a photograph with my phone. So, no picture here. You’ll just have to come for a visit. (grin!)

1 comment:

  1. In this selfie & Instagram age, you do realise that we won't believe you unless there's a pic, right ? ;-P
    Seriously, though it must've been awesome seeing those whales !

    ReplyDelete