Pages

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Comments from the Judge

My items from the Fair, both exhibits and display, are back home. Boyhuey was it hot out there today. Fortunately, the wind is off the Bay so the house is staying cooler. I don’t envy those packing up the carnival rides.

As I stowed all the little tatted pieces, I took some time to look over the comments from the judge on the Needlecraft and Fiberwork pieces. I didn’t have a comment sheet for the Bux2Bach piece I entered in the Fine Arts 3-D show. I’m happy with 2nd place. The piece that won 1st place is very nice. Good execution, design and craftsmanship. I have already decided I need to enter the juried division next year. And perhaps a jewelry piece.

Anyway, back to the comments. Most of the observations were spot on. For instance, the piece that won best of show (insert jpegs) earned all 100 points possible.
 
“Beautiful stitches. Wonderful use of color and beads. Excellent.” I’m very happy with that. Now to add the other 7 rows. What color to use next? And beads or no beads????


I plan to help with the Entry divisions and classes list for next year. I really hope more people enter some tatting. And maybe even some crotatting!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your ribbons. Yes, entering fairs may be a way to expose tatting to more people and encourage the craft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a huge amount of work. I like to sit and demonstrate too. It's fun either way!

      Delete