Pages

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Wallwalker

Preparations for CNCH at Asilomar are coming along. I’m calling this warp my “murphy” warp. Every weaver has one. Mistakes creep in at every step. Most are recoverable. Well, almost all are. The consequences are just that little bit more “handmade” look in the cloth that comes off the loom. THAT is all I’m saying on this.

The noise in the schedule will really pick up the next few weeks. I won’t be sharing much here. There will be little time at the computer, and until after the Raffles, I will not be sharing what I’ve donated. I wish I could. I think the pieces will raise lots of money. At least I hope they do! When things calm down a bit, I’ll be sharing pictures and such.

Part of the noise was an adventure one of the cats had. The walls in the house are very thick. There are actually 2 layers of plaster with lath and a sizeable space between them. That dead space makes the temperature and humidity pretty constant. I’m getting used to 62 – 65 degrees F. The space is large enough for a small animal, like a rodent, to use. So far, we’ve been able to discourage extra critters with 4 cats in the house. The cats don’t have access, but the presence has been sufficient.
Well, a wall was open during the bath facelift. And yes, a cat found her way in. That space in the wall is open to the crawl space under the house which is open to our tiny basement/cellar. After frantic meows, the toy finally coaxed her to where she could be relieved of the cobwebs she picked up. Her new nickname is Pixie the WallWalker.


I’m looking forward to getting the loom warped for CNCH, getting back from the framer the donation, getting the bathroom functional, getting the fence fixed, getting the front landscaped after the tree is gone, getting back to regular walks at the beach. I’ll have lots to share then!

No comments:

Post a Comment