Pages

Thursday, April 13, 2017

mentioned in the Herald




I take the local daily newspaper. I know…. I know…..how 20th century! But, I like seeing what some people find of interest, and think I should know about, in the local area. I also scoop up the local weekly newspapers as you get a real flavor of the local history reading the ads AND the stories! It’s my gently amusement.

This week, there appeared a story on local wildflowers. That gave me names to put to the lovelies I see hiking around here. Here are 2 of my favorites:

community contributed artwork
Miner’s lettuce: Don’t know as I’ll forage around here for some. http://honest-food.net/on-miners-lettuce-americas-gift-to-salad/ I know they spray along most of the trails I visit.
Milk Maids by Chuck B







Milk Maids: for a delightful poem visit http://www.pointlobos.org/category/tags/wildflowers


Please share what you have in your area for wildflowers.
Based on the chatter during class recently, most people are familiar with Mustard. And maybe even my bane: Oxalis. I’ll be curious to know what you look for and what you tear out!

1 comment:

  1. It's a good idea to read your local paper and keep tabs on the community. We have a local newspaper called The Stellalander. Vermeerbos is a poisonous wild flower that is blooming at the moment. It's fine this year because there is plenty of grass, but in lean years the cattle eat it and can die as a result.

    ReplyDelete