Pages

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Concentration

We who tat, we who play the organ, we who weave know about concentration.

If we’re not concentrating at the organ, a stray accidental can creep in. If we’re not concentrating with the shuttle, a stray picot can creep in. If we’re not concentrating at the loom, a stray float can creep in.

My concentration hasn’t been up to snuff lately. The fix for that is usually to reduce the noise in my schedule and thus clear the brain cells a bit. More on that later. For now, I’ll just be untatting, repeating that section of the piece, and counting my passes on the warping board a bit more often.

In reading what others are saying about Round 4 of Renulek’s Wiosna 2017, it seems like this section needs more concentration. Perhaps I’ll set that aside until after I get a motif mounted and ready for framing. I discovered standing in the frame shop that I had oriented the motif off 10 degrees. That doesn’t sound like it would matter, except that there really is a “start here” in the design. I don’t want people getting a crick in their neck looking at my creation!


Back to work….after a walk by the sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment