Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

What a whirl wind of a weekend!

It all started Friday with my mini-concert at St. Paul’sSalinas. I chose to just start playing this time. No bowing between pieces. “The European Way” as a colleague of mine puts it. I do like playing this organ. So, I played on not knowing who was out there. I heard a stifled sneeze and a cough or two so I knew at least 1 person was listening besides me. At the end of the list, there was applause to acknowledge. I was pleased to see an old friend out there.

We caught up over lunch and then it was back to the task at hand: keep the big house going while working. We took a break Saturday and enjoyed the Italian Festa. It was great fun! Sunday was a full day at St. Dunstan's with services in the morning and hosting a concert in the afternoon. I was pleased with how it all went, but quite exhausted at the end of the day. Unfortunately, the barometer was climbing all day, so my walking-talking-barometer was suffering. That made for a bit of a tough evening. I chose to do the bare minimum and get to bed early. Good thing too! I was still kinda dragging Monday morning. And the hands are the worse for the wear. They’re getting better today. Another good night of sleep and I’ll be able to practice or pick up the shuttles again (but not both!).


In the meantime, I’m enjoying checking in on the organ installation at First Presbyterian in Monterey. Everything came off the truck Monday. Now starts the big push. Typically, the crews work 10 hours days just to get things off the pews so people can still use the space for worship…..small detail! 
a big one!
They’re approaching community use of the organ differently than St. Dunstan’s. I hope they do a recital series. If not, we’ll still get to enjoy it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment