Thursday, June 9, 2016

Flag progress

I reached a milestone in this project. Another stripe finished and now on to the very long 5 remaining stripes. 
stripe 7 completed

I was drawn to tat this because I thought the pattern in the Workbasket had promise. I’d found it at the Lace Museum and wanted to see if the structure would be transferable. My hunch was correct. It will work for pipes on an organ very nicely. I’ve completed the cross stitch pattern,  mastered doubleweave pickup; now to do the designing (which is always an adventure).


So, back to the flag. I measured out the red thread just to make sure I had enough to finish. I do. Whew! Now I can relax and sleep easier. Just kidding.

4 comments:

  1. We've decided I should tat the number of stars for when our "new" house was built. c. 1915 or so. I think they will fit. I hope.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a lot of tatting :-) The flag is coming along so nicely .

    ReplyDelete