Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Recycling

 You know I AM the Queen of Repurpose, right? If an object can be repurposed, I’ll tuck it away until I find a use for it. Boxes, Bags, Leftover thread, Abandoned tatting, Paper printed on only 1 side……

you get the idea.

One year I bought Christmas cards that came in a big, flat box. I store my doily/snowflakes in it. Another of the boxes found their way home to my stash in a later year. It now helps keep my shuttles organized between tatting session when I tat a Helix sample:

I can see many, many uses for the cord that I create. Starting with finishing this Wee Project. Maybe a lanyard for something. I like how I can do this as I listen to other things. The box isn’t as portable as my bag, but I decorated the lid to make sure people didn’t throw it out if I set it down somewhere. Or maybe they’d try to use it for pizza?

BTW, I do donate some things. Others that are past reuse are recycled if possible, at curb side. Not much goes away until someone else can treasure it or reuse it. I enjoy it all!!

1 comment:

  1. Got to have the right storage space when you’re using that many shuttles, or you’d end up in a real muddle. I look forward to seeing more of your cord and what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete