Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2022

Queen of Reuse

 

acquired that title when I was working as a volunteer in a High School. As we were clearing out a storage closet, another volunteer kept asking, “What could this possibly be used for.” Since she hadn’t been a classroom music teacher, and I had, I figured she was curious. I was wrong. She was getting frustrated and my answers to her questions weren’t helping. A third volunteer decided to dub me Queen of Reuse to dissipate the tension. It stuck!

I do like to repurpose things. I try hard not to hoard. I’m mostly successful. The bits and pieces I had in my tatting bin came to good use yesterday. Remember my silk adventure? The colors in the pansy are very close in value and hue. So close, I wanted to be sure I wouldn’t grab the wrong color. So, I went looking for something to organize the silk floss.

I have plenty of ways to organize cotton floss, but I wanted to be sure to treat the silk nice. No snags or fraying! I needed something smooth and soft with holes. After thinking a bit, I decided to look in my supply cupboard. Nothing was leaping out at me. I thought about digging into my storage closet, but I didn’t have help….especially someone who could be creative enough to come up with Queen of Reuse. Then my eye fell on a bin that hold bits of tatting.

So, when you make a mistake tatting up a pattern and find yourself cutting out a section of a doily, you end up with some rings and chains in soft thread that just happen to have holes like a thread keep. 


Ta-da! I think it works well!!


5 comments:

  1. What a clever, unique, and beautiful solution! šŸ’™ Yes you have definitely earned your crown šŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that idea! Clever you, worthy of the title.

    ReplyDelete