Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Ready for finishing

 When the scissors come out to cut the thread after the final stitch of a project, I always sigh. What comes next depends on the project.

Most tatting projects finish with cutting, tying, hiding, and blocking. Sometimes I’ll mount the lace onto a piece of fabric, add findings so that we can wear the lace or frame the lace. Other times I just let it sit on a table or throw it into a box to enjoy later.

I have come to that decision point with the Wee Project designed by Freda Murfin. What do I want to do with it? I rather like how the colors play together. I could make it into a coaster. I could create a pillow with the square as the center of a design. I could add a hanger loop to enjoy it in a window. What to do???

2 comments:

  1. It’s beautiful. Hmmm. Using it as a coaster is practical, but might damage the embroidery. I favour hanging it in a window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful especially with the bead highlights!

    ReplyDelete