Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2024

I took time to experiement

 Once a month I attend a meeting of stitchers as part of the EGA (Embroiderer’s Guild of America) in the next town over the hill. I don’t stitch as much as I tat. I am keeping focused on my primary goal of creating tatting based on musical compositions. I really am. But, I like to learn from other fiber artists and this group has taught me so much!

Currently, we’re playing with Wee Project from Freda’s FancyStitching designed by Freda Murfin. It’s a small canvas work piece. I’ve enjoyed working the design. Best of all, I’ve been able to use up bits and such from my stash. I’m all about repurposing remember? Here’s a picture of my version so far:

I think I’ll add a background and some beads. I think it needs a bit more red thread too. More later…..

4 comments:

  1. I really like that! Always good to meet up with others and to learn things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful so far!
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all. I've added a very light gray background. Now for some accent stitches and beads.....

    ReplyDelete