Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2021

I take refuge in creating

 Most of the time, I don’t follow the news. Occasionally, I find myself looking in on what’s happening. Last night, I watched with shock the report on the events of the day in Washington DC. Now, if you say, “Washington” around my family, you are generally understood to mean a state in the Pacific Northwest. The other Washington just doesn’t enter into our daily life much. But, it is a significant place where significant events happen with significant people involved. I’m glad I’m not that significant. I can choose to live without such events in my daily life!

My evening continued with a calming activity of creating lace. Here’s a picture of what I accomplished yesterday:

header row of Dissent by Marilee Rockley

7 comments:

  1. It is so nice to see DC called the 'other' Washington for a change. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creating is always better than destroying 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to make the whole dissent collar?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'll be loading the beads today for the rows that drop. I find adding beads to patterns really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your header row is stunning. I can hardly wait to see the whole necklace. The color is gorgeous, too.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your first row is looking beautiful! I really like the combination of thread (what is it?) with the black beads. Look forward to seeing the next row. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The thread is Lizbeth Metallics in Gem Tones. As I add to the pattern, you'll see I ended up with 3 different "shades" of black. I'm trying to use up my stash!

      Delete