Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Mistakes

 I have no pictures of tatting to share with you. Too many mistakes!!I seem to be very distracted lately. Perhaps it’s because the rains are starting and I really, really want to get new plants in the ground pronto to take advantage of what few drops fall before the weather gets colder. Nawh…..

Perhaps it’s because I’m trying out a bunch of new ideas most of which are NOT working. Nawh…..

Perhaps it’s because I’m helping a church discover an organ they’ve had, but not paid much attention to. Nawh……

I just haven’t been very focused lately. Just too much to distract and not enough concentration.

I promise to do better…..

In the meantime, I’ve received requests to do a class in taking design ideas and creating new pieces. Think edgings to bookmarks to hearts to snowflakes to magic squares to whatever you dream up. I really like that idea. May take more than just a few hours though.

6 comments:

  1. Well, mistakes happen. And in designing mistakes sometimes lead in interesting new directions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I've set some of the mistakes aside for future design ideas. It's production time right now.

      Delete
  2. I find that you can tat a few items and everything goes well and then suddenly you attempt a couple of other projects and mistakes happen with everything going wrong. It is only a phase you are going through all will be fine soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to be patient, I am. Perhaps I should take a Holiday?

      Delete
  3. I love the class idea! You could take a simple heart pattern and tessellate it to create such a vast range of items!
    Another idea I like is to look at a larger piece (doily, magic square, etc) and try to extract motifs from it - such as hearts, butterflies, geometric motifs, etc.)
    So many ideas, and ideal for a group project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get the drift. Now to get on the schedule and get the word out!

      Delete