Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Looking to 2021

 I know, it’s far enough in the future I really shouldn’t focus on 2021, but 2020 has been too crazy! Don’t get me wrong, I haven’t changed my tune. For those that know me well and have worked with me on the bench, I still plan my music well in advance. I have Christmas just about learned, the weeks in between need just a bit more fine tuning, and I have my practice list for the next 2 weeks. I’ve also figured out what I want to work on for designs. The music is just about analyzed, and the broad outline is worked out, and the details are falling into place. What I still need help with?

What do you want to learn in 2021?

I view teaching as a dialogue. I have no set group of pieces or patterns to teach students. I make it a point to ask questions and listen and suggest. It drives some of my students kinda nuts! “Just tell me what to do!” Well, I'll be glad to, but help me out here...... please? The Lace Museum is taking suggestions for future classes/workshops. Please fill out their form for tatting ideas: techniques, patterns, general project descriptions, historical pieces, whatever draws you to thread to tat. That will make 2021 a lot more fun!!

2 comments:

  1. You sound very organized! I guess the dialogue model suits some pupils better than others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are wise! Talented teachers seem to know how to reach a student. I just try to unlock the learning process in each student.

      Delete