Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

It's All about the Dog

 This Organ Duet (for two organists at one organ) is just too tempting for me. Tatters can get SAD (shuttle accumulation disease) and weavers can get LAS (loom acquisition syndrome). Musicians accumulate music. Some they will never, ever play in public. Some they play frequently. Duets are hard to do without the cooperation of another musician; and we musicians tend to be loners. But, I just had to get this!

Of course as soon as it arrived I played through a bit. I see a tatting design in the structure of the piece. I’ll be working in 2 colors of course. I will be using what I’ve learned in 2020 about combining colors. Thank you to all who have patiently explained all you know about color and shared all your wonderful pieces as examples. I’ll keep you posted on what the “Dog” shows me! 


4 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, there is so much music I will NEVER play in public, and some so difficult that if I lived to be older than Methuselah and practiced obsessively, I *still* wouldn't be able to play it very well, but we do tend to accumulate music. So many pieces in my cabinet that were hard to find, so I bought them ....just so I'd have them if I ever needed a copy. ;)
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAD - Shuttle Accumulation Disease. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't found a willing organist .... yet! Perhaps they figure I'm too busy with my shuttles to practice? Bwaahaaahaaaaha!

    ReplyDelete