Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2020

I blame the smoke

 I know it’s lame. Our air here hasn’t been as affected as other places in our County. I shouldn’t wine. But, it was bad enough the other day that I just didn’t accomplish much. So, not much to share here. I didn't find a picture I wanted to link to either. Photographs do not convey how wrong things look. I'm sure you can find a story from a reputable news source to read. 

Yesterday, the air at my nose level wasn’t bad. The upper atmosphere was very smoky. The orange tint to the sky upset the animals. If you’ve ever witnessed an eclipse of the sun, it was like that. For the whole day. The sun burned through a bit, but looked like the orange ball you see just before it drops below the horizon. Up over your head at mid-afternoon, it just looked “wrong” and creepy! I tried to keep busy. I keep working on the sample for the October classes. I’ll be sharing an in progress picture next week. I promise!

For today, I’ll be demonstrating an organ for visitors from out of town. We all will be wearing masks and staying a respectful distance apart. The room is large and airy. It will be fun to play a different organ. Yes, I love the Rodgers, but it’s still fun to play something different every once in a while.

3 comments:

  1. I’ve seen pictures of the orange sky. It must be hard to concentrate with that going on. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our sky today is both foggy and smoky. I will stay safe indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen photos in the news, it's really scary.

    ReplyDelete