Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2020

I know how to do that!

I'm big on self-talk.....

I try to teach by encouraging, not criticizing.....

I know how to do that!

 I have to keep telling myself that. 

I have a bad habit of seeing something in my brain or hearing something in my brain and before I can get the music in the air or the thread into lace, I talk myself out of trying. 

Perhaps that’s why I jumped at the chance to recreate the vintage mat in the collection at the Lace Museum in Sunnyvale. It’s much easier for me to read the printed score or examine the tatted lace. At any rate, I’ve enjoyed the journey with this mat.

To register, follow this link to the Lace Museum: intermediate class

I’ve finished notating the pattern for the edging. To be clear, this is not the only way to tat a similar edging. It’s the path I saw and used tatting the example. Just a bit more and I’ll be able to block and sew it onto the fabric with the inset.

I also know how to do other “advanced and complicated” tatting techniques. I know how to wrap picots for a daisy picot. I know how to add beads. Just being able to claim that knowledge helps me to persist in learning how to couch and finish stitching the Elephant. Thank you to all those who are cheering me on! I will complete the projects!

Oh, and to register for the beginning class, follow this link: beginning class

6 comments:

  1. Hey, I KNOW you can do it. Stop talking yourself out of it and just review a few tutorials, then DO it. Couching is not difficult. Once you get started, you'll have it mastered very soon. If you're anything like me, you'll be kicking yourself for talking yourself out of it for so long. It's easy. You'll see. Just do it. :)
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your encouragement means a lot to me. Thank you! Just about everyone is telling me it's easy. I think I will start with some extra thread on a doodle canvas. Learn by doing, right?

      Delete
  2. Everything you’ve learnt so far helps you learn something new. I’m looking forward to seeing your edging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely you can do it! Do a little at a time, rest a bit, then the next time will be easier. Wishing you luck! ♣♣♣

    ReplyDelete
  4. You most certainly can do that and more :-)))
    Lovely lace

    ReplyDelete