Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Replacements


I’ve been thinking a lot about what I would replace should I lose everything. It happens when the fires get close. You see pictures, talk to people, and realize you really should take care of details. I did take care of a few:

 - Updated my contact info with some of the family. Not that they didn’t have it, but I needed to remind them they are our contact from out of the area.
- Replaced the earring I lost. Back in February I lost one on a trip. I decided I really needed to tat the replacement. It would be much easier to pack a pair of earrings than to grab beads, shuttles, thread, scissors, beading needle, crochet hook, you get the idea!
- Cleared dead leaves and plants from around the house. This is an ongoing chore, but I pushed to complete as much as I could.

I’ve yet to take care of reviewing our household inventory to update pictures and to delete those pieces we’ve repurposed to new homes. I’ve yet to repack the current practice list of scores. I’ve yet to verify where certain information is. That last detail usually involves going to the bank. With the Pandemic restrictions in place, you need to make an appointment for that. I just haven’t thought it worth the bother. The fires don't wait for you to not procrastinate.

I’ll be glad when things settle back into a less stressful routine. Do you have a plan? Could you evacuate? At least take the time to gather important info. Here's to many more years of tatting......

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely pair of earrings. This is Marilee's pattern, if I remember right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're remembering correctly. I blinged it with beads ala Benile. That makes them a tad heavier than I usually wear. But, I like them a lot.

      Delete