Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Another group of tatters loose on the world!


I had fun! And all tatters accomplished something. The most experienced student completed a study in thread size. The tatter who has been tatting just 6 months completed almost the entire pattern. She added beads in the center parts. Her choice of colors worked nicely too. The other 3 students came away with successful rings and chains. I can’t wait to see what else they create.

Celebrating those successes has made it easier to ignore the ugly in the world. Illness has not touched anyone I know personally, but the violence has touched where a friend works. He was “blindsided” as he and his family were unplugging to enjoy some R & R. I pray that his rest isn’t “left undone” for long. We will need all good leaders in the next few days.

I’ve also been immersing myself in a new design. I’ve almost completed a test tat. No pictures until the auction starts. That should be in July. More info, like how to buy tickets, as the time approaches.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic, a new group of tatters is always a good thing! Glad to hear it went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no such thing as 'too many tatters' ;-P
    How satisfying to see your students do so well!

    ReplyDelete