Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2020

A design idea during Shelter in Place


The last few years, June has always been an exciting month. It’s been my custom to create a piece to donate to Art of Music to raise money for the Carmel Bach Festival. Like all public events in 2020, things will be different this year. Even my design process has changed. I typically pick a composition that the Festival features and base my design on that musical work. Without the buzz of music being prepared, I was coming up with a blank. It was suggested that I try to evoke the unique events of 2020. I wasn’t coming up with a way to tat a COVID-19 virus. I wasn’t drawn to the colors that are typically used in graphics of said bug. I even contemplated asking the musicians for suggestions.

So far, this is all I have: a central ring with 19 points for joining rings of 20 stitches.
If it will be foolish to stand shoulder to shoulder to enjoy the Festival, we must find other ways to tell the world music matters. These rings that tightly encircle a central ring will have to do. Please find a way to say music matters in our world turned upside down by this virus.

4 comments:

  1. Nice wheel! So maybe, this year you can try to reverse your process, that is finding a music that is the right one for this motif 🎼... 🥰👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way the rings overlap. A tribute to music in difficult times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an Excellent start! I'm sure inspiration will strike 🌹🌹🌹

    ReplyDelete