Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

What should I share today?



I often ask myself that question when I start putting together a blog post. I’m very aware that sharing is a two way activity. You do get a lot out of giving something to someone. You can receive a lot when someone shares with you. Sharing in a kind, thoughtful way is important. That’s my goal.

I like being around people. I don’t always feel like an extrovert. I’m very aware that the hours spent alone practicing did not develop my social skills as keenly as other teens were managing. But, I do like being around people.

As we navigate these strange times, I find that my time around people is more precious. Each interaction holds more weight, has more influence on me, and must sustain me for longer time periods. I am very fortunate to be living with a wonderful husband (thank you for 35 years…..I hope we have 35 more years) and close to a wonderful daughter (I’m proud of her making her own way in life) and a phone call away from a wonderful son (his expertise has been so valuable in all things on line).

Today, I will share a wish that each of us can gather around us people who keep our health improving, people we can support in their future, and people to inspire and help those around them. I know I receive with that sharing. I hope that sharing brings joy to your life.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I think the situation has brought home the importance of interaction with other people. I think it must be very difficult for those who live alone and those who depend on socialization. My aunt normally goes to a lot of concerts, without them she’s bored stiff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed playing several concerts. I can only imagine what those who were to attend feel. I hope your Aunt is able to stay active and connected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your wishes, I hope that soon you/everyone will be able to go back out and interact with other people 🌹

    ReplyDelete