Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Time to celebrate!!

As you read this, the office is in shambles. I'm ignoring it to celebrate. More on that later.

I have needed to replace an aging printer for…years…but thanks to a couple of rescues from the tech whisperer, I kept putting it off. Well, it has died. I’ve replaced that piece of hardware, but that action has a trickle-down effect of forcing a different configuration of the computer work space. That forced an adjustment of loom and tatting space. I'll put up a picture when it's finished. Really! That forced the drudgery of organization. I’m still working on it. Merry Christmas (snort!)

No, really, I do look forward to Christmas. It’s a wonderful time to be an organist with handbell ringing skills. My voice has aged to where I no longer am tapped for David’s City or other traditional carols. It’s really fun to hear and see and play with younger musicians who are celebrating. It’s always more fun to celebrate with a crowd than just you.  


So, here’s to a Merry Christmas and many, many hours of music, tatting, enjoying company and celebrations!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie. I can't believe you have been writing this blog for five years and today is the first time I've found it. We have met at the Monday on line tatting class 3pm for you but 8 for mr here in the uk, but sadly I am no longer able to join in at that time. Congratulations on your 5 years I will definitely be visiting again now that I know it's here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your uplifting comment. I too will have a challenge getting to class here. I've taken on more responsibility and won't always be free to sit at the computer during that time. Sigh. But, I'll still tat! Keep me posted on what you work on.

      Delete