Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Passage of time

 I’ve found myself spending quite a bit of time on YouTube lately. Not learning new tatting techniques or figuring out how to stitch or finish. I’ve been exploring the files posted of all the broadcasts of servicesfor Queen Elizabeth II. The music side of my life has overtaken the fiber side of my life. When an important event happens in your field of interest, it’s wise to be familiar with what occurs. How many Brides choose music that a Princess chose? That works because music taps into who we are and what we do more than many realize. I understand that. So, I figured I’d better look into what music was chosen to remember and honor the life of a very important monarch. I have discovered quite a few points to consider as I chose what music to offer when I play for a service such as a funeral. You’ll have to come listen to find out.

The fiber side didn’t completely get pushed aside. I worked on the background to the Elephant. I’m very close to finishing. Just about 4 more sessions should finish all that Bargello. Then to finish the border. I still think I may need more of 2 of the threads. Since I changed my mind about what colors I wanted to see, the recommendations for amounts needed of the designer won’t help me. Fortunately, there is a shop opening next month. If I can carve out a couple of hours to drive there, I may be able to figure it all out with help from an experienced stitcher.

2 comments:

  1. There’s a time for all things.... and such a momentous occasion is the time to explore the music associated with it.

    ReplyDelete