Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

A bit of choosing

Remember the elephant? It’s been awhile since I posted about it. I’ve finished the main part with the couching of the tusks, most of the background with silk and cotton, and am starting on the border. I haven’t been following the color choices the designer asked for. There were just too many pretty threads! Mary Long is a fabulous designer and her text for this class has been thorough and clear. I just didn’t think a toy should be in a light color. Anyway, as I looked at the border, I imagined what my favorite framing service would use as a mat. I wanted to pick up colors so that the piece pops in glorious fiber! Ok. I’m just being overly creative.

So, here’s the colors I chose: 

First, laying in the base of metallic: 






With the basic blue: 







Then adding the accent: 




Now a bit more accent: 

Then, the echo of the background: 

I know it’s not traditional. But, my color guru likes it, so I’ll stitch boldly on.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I really like the design and your colour choices! They have a regal look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the border, perfect. But so much work in such a small structure. 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it stitches faster than I thought it would. Definitely faster than the background ;)

      Delete