Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Tree ornament with Rhodes

 

I know I shared a photo of this already, but……

So here’s how I finished the ornament:

I cut 2 pieces of white felt to use as padding and backing

I cut a piece of blue tissue paper (didn’t have felt in a nice shade of blue to use)

I sewed the felt to the canvas with the tissue paper backing the canvas

I twisted some crochet thread to create the cord and sewed it on leaving space to tack in the ribbon to use in hanging.

I’m sorely tempted to tat an edging to use also. Maybe it’s because I like the way Ice Drops looks on the tree. I recommend a fabric rather than felt. When I did a test fit on a live tree, the felt made it difficult to hang the ornament carefully. I will likely use a different thread to create the cord for the next ornament. The crochet thread doesn’t have enough sheen to the fiber. I like sparkle.

2 comments:

  1. Does it need a bit of weight to hang well? I like the idea of tatting round the edge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thought. The metallic thread is heavy enough to have it hang well. I might add a background in a nice cotton though. I'll have to see after I get the edging done.

      Delete