Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

It's a.....

 Pair!

Lace Day earrings designed by Muskaan

I like this pattern a lot. Thank you Muskaan for taking us down a rabbit hole curtesy of Frau Endrucks. The beads add just enough to the design, don’t you think?

In the metallic thread, with the pearl drop, it’s a bit large and heavy for earrings on my face. I know I have a big mouth, well at least large teeth, but I’m more of a petite earring person. Ears are not the only thing I decorate with thread tatted into lace, though…..

It was popular to decorate with lace, macramé, and quilts at the time when our house was originally built. I don’t succumb to the siren call of all things frilly, the wood work is rather plain. There are quite a few touches of lace and airy fabric. So, could I use these Lace Day Earrings in the home?

Yes!!!

We need to replace window coverings in several rooms. How about a very neat, tidy and practical blind that allows us to open the transom for air circulation? And just because I can, decorate the blind with this wonderful Lace Day creation!

More later as the blinds arrive…….


5 comments:

  1. I L💗ve them, too !!!! And what a wonderful use for them besides the ears or neck - you must remember to show us a pic of them 'in action' 😍 Now I think they could work as zipper-pulls, too 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree on the zipper pull. I'm going to use one on my zipper binder that I open and close several times each day. (It's the way I keep track of what's most important....like tatting!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They’re beautiful and it’s better to find a use for them than keep them in an earring box unworn! Yes, just the right amount of beads.

    ReplyDelete