Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2021

Another detour

This detour was to the blower room of the organ I’m to play Sunday. When I turned it on earlier this week, lights worked, but there was no air. No air, no sound. The maintenance staff was very helpful, but alas I am not familiar enough with the organ to know immediately what is wrong and how to fix it. Thus I consulted the organ repair service, thank you Roger!, and needed to return to finish my preparation. I’m sure this is why winding bobbins and shuttles never bother me. 3-4 hours of preparation will make Sunday go that much more smoothly.

3 comments:

  1. I hope everything is fixed early enough to give you preparation time on that instrument. Hope Sunday goes wonderfully, as well.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. To update: the most expensive part, the blower, checked out ok. Which means an electrician must follow the wiring , through walls and conduit of course, to figure out where the electric current is being stopped. Hopefully it will be corrected by the time I get on the bench.

      Delete
  2. Oops, can’t do much without air, good thing you discovered there was a problem so you can sort it out before Sunday.

    ReplyDelete