Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2021

Challenge accepted and met

Threads that Bind 
 Remember this wonderful Challenge Jon Yusoff came up with?

She shared instruction for the doily one round per day on Facebook and her blog. We were to devise a final round. Here is a link to her albums: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2882479928472885&type=3

Like many of us during those crazy weeks of lock down, I tidied and tidied and sorted and tatted. I used a vinatge shuttle for some sections; and a two bobbin shuttle for other sections. I uncovered quite a few books and pattern copies and notes. I decided to try to evoke the plight so many of us around the world found ourselves in by working a motif in blue and black that reminds me of a house. After adding a few motifs for “bushes/trees” and “clouds” the doily seemed to be coming together. Then, I  dithered around for weeks trying to see if another round was necessary to tie all the colors together. I’ve decided it isn’t.

So, here’s my version. I worked it in vintage size 30 thread so there are "issues" with staining and uneven ring sizes. The yellow seemed to stretch out and pucker as I worked the pink sections. Really odd!! There's just enough yellow left to sit on a shuttle for trying out ideas. 

I wish everyone a safe and successful Fall!

4 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous and I see the houses, bushes and clouds :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, well done! I do like tatting with a story and this is the story of our times. It’s complete and doesn’t need another round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful finishing rounds and meaningfully designed!!!
    Beautiful πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ§‘πŸ’™πŸ’š

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all!! It will be a doily I take to be handled by people when I demonstrate. It won't block flat and the white thread is stained. So, they can't do much harm with hands that just finished the hot dog and fries!

    ReplyDelete