Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2021

The adventures continues completing round 1

 


I like the way this is working up. I was skeptical using a variegated thread. But, this is working so far. I must puzzle more on that as I complete the pattern.

I also like the many, many programs that IOLI is offering. The member’s only events on the surface looked a bit, well one-sided, focusing on topics those who work bobbin laces would be interested in. As I’m not head-over-heals into bobbin lace, I was prepared to be bored or worse yet put off by snootiness. Occasionally, there is still a comment or phrase that implies if you don’t want to devote your life to bobbin lace, you’re not a “real” lacer. But, for the most part, the programs have been accessible and interesting. I now have a list of museums to explore. I hope to start on that list next month….at least virtually!

6 comments:

  1. Your motif is looking lovely 😍
    Anita Barry will be speaking on Fear Knot? Fear Not based on our tat-along of the Angel Choir doily - the mistakes and fixes ....on Friday (30th). Hope you can catch it 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it’s not snooty and you’re enjoying! Yes, the variegated thread looks fine in your picture, doesn’t detract from the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you enjoyed the pattern. You did an AMAZING job!!!

    ReplyDelete