Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

 I gave up yesterday. 

I took a day to reset. I only did the must-do on the list and then stitched on the Elephant all afternoon. I made progress. It’s slow going on the background, but rather relaxing.

Now, I need to get back to organizing the organ music, straightening up the thread stash, and catching up on viewing the AGO videos. I’m long past comparing myself to those stars. I have to smile: there are more videos of organists in the 20’s than there are of organists in their 50’s. A very pleasant shift. One can hope that the organ will live and not die.

Just like tatting is not dying, organs will sound!  

4 comments:

  1. Have to reset now and then. Good to hear there are young organists around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll be resetting quite regularly in 2021. Seems to be a consequence of all the time we sheltered in place in 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO happy to hear there are more videos of young organists now. Many churches in my area are doing away with the organ entirely, which really bothers me. It was bad enough when the organ maker's facility caught fire, but the idea that people didn't seem interested in PLAYING the instrument ....and all that glorious music written for it....THAT was unsettling. VERY encouraging to hear young organists are still 'out there' playing. :) And I agree with the 'reset' idea - we all need to stop and 'reset' now and then, especially since lal the sheltering in place we did for so long.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, partial reset accomplished. Now to figure out what I'd like to do.

      Delete