Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

An idea that just won't go away.....

 Sometimes an idea just won’t go away. I wake up in the middle of the night and think about it. I think about while trying to still my mind looking at the Bay. When I’m doing mundane things, like washing dishes, it just keeps resurfacing. I have learned not to ignore those ideas; still can’t tell you how I should deal with them. But, I’ve learned they are usually significant.

The idea of tatting executed to reflect stained glass just keeps coming back.

And yes, there is stained glass in our Historic.

Add to that concept this technique I learned yesterday:

The idea is to create french knots that mimic hooked rugs.

Now for that idea expanded.......

Could the surface embroidery be paired with tatting?

Join me in puzzling this idea out. I dare you!!!

2 comments:

  1. Give it a go! I have seen, even tatted, stained glass effects by outlining in black thread with bright colours inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dislike working with black thread. I need extra light, extra patience, and extra magnification. But, it's worth it.

      Delete