Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2020

How to fill in?

 I’m back looking at my idea for the Challenge Doily: Threadsthat Bind. With the Shelter in Place order active again, my calendar has been cleared once again without my permission. I talked on the phone yesterday about the situation, the loneliness of the others was palpable. My response was to play a bit, then pick up my shuttles. 

I really must try to put my design idea into thread: 
Once the geometric “pineapple” shape is complete, insert motifs in a contrasting color depicting a home.

Here’s my start:

May I ask a favor today? Pick up the phone and call someone who doesn’t follow a blog, tweet a thought, or have extended family they can safely meet with. Sing a song with them. We’ve all been practicing “Twinkle” or some other way to time how long to scrub our hands with suds. Reach out beyond what your habit is. We all need a bit of joy.

2 comments: