Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Challenge completed….but it needs more

 Remember back before we really understood what 2020 was going to hold for us?

Remember when Jon Yusoff challenged us with Threads ThatBind?

Remember when I said I wanted to depict what it all meant to me? Oh right. I haven’t shared that yet. Well, I finally have worked down the mess of projects enough to get back to coming up with my edge for the Challenge. I set myself several parameters: Use vintage threads, find a way to use color to highlight parts of the design, learn how to use a 2 bobbin shuttle.

This is my Round 14  

The threads are all vintage size 30 (nominally…I think the yellow is size 35!)

I felt like softness, not boldness was needed when figuring out how to highlight the pineapple sections.

I used pink and blue in the dual bobbin shuttle for the outer round.

So, check!

But it needs something……

I’m currently adding small motifs that bring a house and small trees to mind. I’ve got some ideas on how to tie those in, but need a few more evenings to get to that point.

1 comment: