Pages

Friday, March 13, 2020

The tough get tatting


The cancellation of the Noon concert took the wind out of my sails yesterday afternoon. I had to sit myself down and remind myself that the Lace Museum workshop is a month away. A lot can happen in 5 weeks. While the news from Sunnyvale and Santa Clara County is grim, so far, I have hope that all will be well in 5 weeks. I also have hope that all will go as planned 2 weeks later at the Shuttlebirds Tat Days. I have not finalized my travel plans, but need to soon.

As I was contemplating the next few days, watching a squirrel under the oak trees, my biggest fan commented, “Well, when the going gets tough, the tough get tatting.”

I’ll be tatting today!

4 comments:

  1. It’s a shame that so many lives are being disrupted. I hope everything will soon return to normal. In the meantime, enjoy your tatting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished an earring yesterday. More events cancelled today, so more tatting!

      Delete
  2. But you had the fun of preparing for the concert. Ok, the fun of performing got cancelled, but look at all the wonderful music you were able to enjoy in the meantime. And there's always tatting. When we're more or less 'quarantined,' we can always tat. :)
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I discovered two new-to-me composers last week. I hope to find organ music they wrote for the next time.

      Delete