Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2020

It's better already


I haven’t even started the vacation and my perspective has changed already. Maybe that’s because I’ve finished playing 2 of 5 services/concerts. I’m looking forward to a few days away. But, before I take off, here’s the info on the Noon concerts:

Friday, March 6, 2020 at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Salinas, CA at Noon: Oh, I C
I’ll be playing a short concert. I challenged myself to put together a collection of pieces in C Major from different centuries. Pack a lunch, come on down, and find out what music spanning hundreds of years has in common.

Friday, March 13, 2020 at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Salinas, CA at Noon: It’s all relative
I’ll be on the bench for a 20-30 minute program of pieces in a minor. I haven’t decided yet if there will be a Bach Prelude and Fugue in the exploration of keys. It would be obvious to include an example of the form.

Friday, March 20, 2020 at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Salinas, CA at Noon:  It’s about 4 foot or 8 foot.
The music this week will highlight the 4 and 8 foot stops on the organ. We’ll have fun listening to how a piece can sound different on the same instrument.

I hope this tempts you to take a break and join us. Bring a lunch if you wish, or just come to sit a spell and listen. See you there!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I wish I lived close enough to come listen!
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete