Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Gifts

(full disclosure: long post without pictures ahead.....and a question at the end for you to comment on)


I’ve begun to start each day by writing down 3 things I’m grateful for. First on the list is Family and Friends. I try to pause and think about who I will be talking with that day. That usually helps me from chewing on shoe leather until after I’m tired. I wish my feet didn’t end up in my mouth so often. I really need them to stand and walk! Another entry is usually focused on a gift of mine I plan to use that day. Again, it’s a focus thing. I could do so much, I need to do so much, I’m asked to do so much, if I don’t focus I fail big time!

So, where does tatting fit in? Sometimes I make a decision then and there to wear something I’ve tatted. Sometimes I remember to get tatting to someone else. Sometimes I remember that I should send an email or make a phone call or wrap a gift. Sometimes I figure out when I’ll be able to sit down with my shuttles and do that tricky part of the pattern I’m working on. Sometimes It’s at that moment I remember I have accomplished learning to tat and enjoy it. ‘nuf said!

So, what are your grateful thoughts? Does tatting end up on your list?

Oh, and my friends I’ve made through this blog are included in my first item. Thank you for your friendship!

3 comments:

  1. Made me chuckle -- the part about you chewing .....😄😃
    Tatting and the internet (including my blog and other forums) have a huge role to play in my life especially this past decade - be it creating, learning, friendship, sharing, discussing, .... But I am luckiest to have the constant friendship, companionship & support of my husband. 💕💖💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. I generally end my day listing the things I'm particularly grateful for, usually by going through the alphabet and listing one thing - specific to that day, and not using the same thing as the day before. Usually I do this after I go to bed, and it relaxes me so much I almost never get past G or H, if I get THAT far. It DOES put me in a peaceful, calm, and happy frame of mind as I'm going to sleep, and I suspect that affects the next day, too. :) I'd probably list tatting if I got as far as 'T' before I fell asleep. Music would definitely be in my list, too. :)
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete