Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Home again, Home again


Trips are always a disruption. Pleasant, but you get out of your routine. Thus, I have little to share here. Of course, that’s also because I’m in the midst of tatting up my Bach Fest piece which I cannot share until after the Show opens. Same with preparing for Tat Days. So, I’ll turn to music to share.
Last week was a traumatic week. The fire on Tuesday of Holy Week at Notre Dame, Holy Week, and well Holy Week! (My daughter was born on Tuesday of Holy Week. I always am a bit more alert that day!) The good news:

The Grand Orgue is OK as are a fair number of other priceless items that enjoyed being in Notre Dame. There will need to be repairs for years and the organ may never sound the same. The building matters in an organ installation. And water and electricity don’t mix. There’s a lot to assess for repairs and repairs to do! I’ll be looking for ways to help out from this little slice of Paradise. If you have ideas, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment