Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Candle cuff


Recently, a good friend asked me to make her more of these:


 I wasn’t happy with the pattern the first time around, nor the second, and felt the third try was better, but still not right. Since she found a wonderful new candelabrum, I happily revisited the pattern. I still don’t like it.


 The Twirls is fun to work with. I’m not sure I really like the heathery effect for this pattern, but they don’t look half bad on my patina candlesticks.

The main issue I have is how the dangly chains twist. Some may like the effect, but I think it looks sloppy. I decided I needed to come up with a new pattern for her new candelabrum!

I have a few ideas. I’ll try out one this afternoon as I listen in on the Masterclass. If you see me tatting there, interrupt me (but not the singer or coach) to say hi. And if you take a swing through the Gallery, buy a ticket and stuff the box for Sonata!

No comments:

Post a Comment