Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Frame it!


Remember this bead?
 I happily began tatting the final version of the necklace, when it happened. I just didn’t like the way it was coming together. The perfectionist in me just wasn’t satisfied!

It was spinning in the ring as I tatted back up to the top. I could just see the lace getting snagged as the necklace was handled. I could just see the necklace looking shabby if the bead spun in the ring as it was worn. I could just see I didn’t like it!

So, thank you to the many, many tatters who encouraged me, challenged me, and supported me. I decided what the bead needed was a framework. Thank you, Diane Cademartori, for inspiring me with your Ice Drops. I don’t consider myself a true designer. I just try to improvise standing on the shoulders of other wonderful tatters.

Here’s what I came up with:

framed from front
framed from back


I hope to carve out time the rest of the week to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment